Sunday, October 12, 2008

Danger - A Safe Bahamian Novel - Day 30

Danger - A Safe Bahamian Novel - Day 30

(1:53 pm Friday Nov 30, 2007)

*** A Lonely Room

And now for this last and perhaps most difficult day of the two thousand and seven NaNo season. This day where so many things are competing with each other for my time. That one slippery ingredient necessary for a modicum of NaNo success.

(2:39 pm Friday Nov 30, 2007)

There it goes again, slipping away to who knows where. I hope it's not sitting on a pillow somewhere. Waiting for a phone call that is unlikely now on account of someone losing that number even when warned repeatedly not to do so. I mean, teens. Music. What have you? Not a lot I take it. Is is sliding away too? Who knows? Perhaps Tommy does. Riding on a rocket somewhere in his two tone shoes and looking for a fight on a Saturday night even though it is only Friday. At least he is one spaceman that likes to plan ahead. And you should see his twisty sister when she is rocking and rolling. That's one thing she can do. Well, that and ride the horses down on the corner of fourty second street.

Unravel that with your pleasant valley sunsets and your letters to some girl name of Maria who refuses to take dictation any longer ever since the man behind the blue eyes whispered in her ears and told her that she should rise above that because she was born free after all. Ever since she and Susie went into business with Laura and Peggy and some biker chick.

(2:54 pm Friday Nov 30, 2007)

(3:51 pm Friday Nov 30, 2007)

There it goes again. How does it manage to do that to me so often?

(4:04 pm Friday Nov 30, 2007)

And yet again! Ahhhhhhh! Stop it!

Sometimes is falls away in huge, massive, hulking clumps and sometimes in smaller bits, but don't blink because it will be gone and you will not even see it going.

So, where shall we go now, gentle reader? Who shall we look in on after a day of rest? Their time, not ours. It can get tricky can't it?

One thing to do should you ever find yourself in a situation similar to the one I am currently in is to just keep putting the words down on the page. Force them out. Give them their marching orders. Keep them moving. Pretend they are a flock of sheep and get yourself a border collie to help you herd them. Yes, that's the ticket, a flock of words and you have yourself a trusty word dog to keep them moving.

So, do we even want to go and look in on any of these Danger characters today at all? Should we just spend a pleasant afternoon together shooting the breeze and get back to them at some future date should we feel so inclined? That does sound a bit tempting on my end gentler reader, how about from your Fearless Reader point of view? What do you say?

(4:12 pm Friday Nov 30, 2007)

(4:28 pm Friday Nov 30, 2007)

Oh, man! Why can't I get a handle on this? It is just crazy... What is a poor author in training to do? Must time always be an enemy? Or can you make an ally of it and sail smoothly for long periods?

As they say... Only time will tell... Sorry, gentle reader, couldn't resist.



*** A Salvage Vessel Anchoured Off Of The North Shore Of Ambergris Cay, Abaco

The helicopter team is in control. About a half of the former crew have been flown off to parts unknown. Mandy chose who was to stay and who was to go after extensive questioning of the crew.

Reg raged against Jack and acted all uncooperative and belligerent and was setting a bad example for the rest of the crew, refusing to answer any questions and trying to attack and escape in turn. Well, until Jack offered publically to help with the questioning, said questioning he suggested should take place in public.

In the end, his actions may have been more help than harm. When the crew saw his immediate and visible collapse and complete about face at Jack's suggestion, most of them decided to co-operate as well. It seems he had been telling them of his experience at night below decks and telling how it wasn't so bad and that the next time he was ready and would resist to the end. Then his chance came to resist and he crumbled.

mandy wsa surprised at this but was not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. She got on with her questioning and made her choices. She kept Reg and the crew of divers aboard to put to work on the project and sent the rest away. Well, except for the ships captain and the boss.

The boss, she kept under guard below decks. There was something about the man that made Jack think he had met him before but he couldn't quite place him.

The captain she kept on the bridge, also under guard, station keeping.

The divers she sent back down to raise the prize.

(4:49 pm Friday Nov 30, 2007)

(5:05 pm Friday Nov 30, 2007)



*** A Lonely Room

(5:36 pm Friday Nov 30, 2007)

Vida interrupciones arte

Interrompt la vie artistique

Life onderbreekt kunst

Leben Interrupts Kunst

Vita interrompe arte

Life interrompe arte

Like I say:

Life interrupts art

And so it does.

Way too often it seems and it is going to do so once again much too soon I fear.



*** 38' Cheoy Lee Ketch - Up Around Nun Jack, Abaco

"Look Golden Child, it has been quiet up there for a good long while now. I say we just sail on over that way and hail them and see if we can see anyhting. Come on. It will be exciting."

Golden Child could not deny that, well, at least that it could prove exciting, but what she feared was that it would be dangerous. More dangerous than that bull they had pulled in the other night. The one with fresh body parts in his stomach when they cut him open, the one with fresh bang stick damage to his pectoral fin, the one who had been trying to get them and ruin their honeymoon. Honeymoon! "Fred, come on baby, wew are on our honeymoon. Let's enjoy each other. "Aren't I enough excitement for you?" she saya and winks seductively. "Wouldn't you rather go below and tell each other exciting stories?"

"Oh, come on Goldy! You know that is not fair!"

"Who said anything about fair?" she smiles, standing up and heading for the hatch, beginning to pull up her T-shirt as she starts to climb down the ladder.

"Who said anything about fair indeed?" laughs Fred, jumping up and following her.

"Put on some music tiger."

(5:51 pm Friday Nov 30, 2007)

(9:13 pm Friday Nov 30, 2007)

when you're home and lonely
on a friday night
baby why fight the feelin
ya gonna be alright

when the days grow longer
and the night's too bright
baby why fight the feelin
ya gonna be alright

baby why fight the feelin
ya gonna be alright
baby why fight the feelin
ya gonna be alright

when your best emotion's
either fight or flight
baby why fight the feelin
ya gonna be alright

when your heart comes crashin
to the ground at night
baby why fight the feelin
ya gonna be alright

baby why fight the feelin
ya gonna be alright
baby why fight the feelin
ya gonna be alright



*** A Lonely Room

Well gentle reader, I know you may be getting tired of hearing this one, but I am getting tired of loving through it myself.

The No Voltage Blues

I got the no voltage blues
I got the no voltage blues
Yeah, B.E.C. is messin with me
I got the no voltage blues

My U.P.S. is beepin
It wakes me from my dream
And man she was a sweet ting
Ate least thats how it seemed

I got the no voltage blues
I got the no voltage blues
Yeah, B.E.C. is messin with me
I got the no voltage blues

My A.C.'s sittin quiet
My room is gettin warm
I lie right here and sigh it
Aint no sign of a storm

I got the no voltage blues
I got the no voltage blues
Yeah, B.E.C. is messin with me
I got the no voltage blues

I'm tryin to write my novel
In thirty short, short days
And now just like the last year
Gots to pray they change their ways

I got the no voltage blues
I got the no voltage blues
Yeah, B.E.C. is messin with me
I got the no voltage blues

You guessed it gentle reader, I got home from dinner with my son and got us ready for bed, I had the computer on ready to write and was just looking for a book to read my son while putting him to bed. BAM! The No Voltage Blues. Luckily, once again, only for a relatively short time, but COME ON! What is this electrickery company up to that they have to keep cutting off the power this month for ten to twenty minutes at a time. I know I have mentioned a decent number of those times, but I really don't think I have come close to mentioning them all.

(9:21 pm Friday Nov 30, 2007)



*** 38' Cheoy Lee Ketch - Up Around Nun Jack, Abaco


One particular ocean
One particular bay
One particular sailboat / surfboard
Every wind blowin my way / wave breaking my way

One particular moment
One particular day
One particular girlfriend
Every thing going OK

One particular lover
One particular play
One particular ending
Now I've nothing more to say

"Are you sure you have nothing more to say tiger?"

"Mmmmmmm."

(9:26 pm Friday Nov 30, 2007)

"Mmmmmmm."

"Mmmmmmm."

No comments: