Monday, July 21, 2014

Idea For Gumroad and other Services for Online Sales

Idea For Gumroad and other Services for Online Sales

So, in my last post here, I pointed out how I am running an experiment on Gumroad.

Here is the link again where you can buy a pdf of Danger.

Danger - A Safe Bahamian Novel - raw and mostly unedited

Well, since I want to run some other experiments and some of them involve "digital products" that I create with other people, I go to thinking again... (I tend to do that on occasion...) Well, I have had thisidea before and may have even discussed it before but I had it again and decided to ping Gumroad with it:

----------
I do quite a few project based collaborations. It would be very helpful if when we put the results of such a collaboration on sale here at gumroad if we could specify a payment split.

For instance:

Product A - 50% to Person 1 and 50% to Person 2.

then for:

Product B - 50% to Person 1 and 30% to Person 2 and 20% to person 3.

Is there a current way to do this? If so, how? If not, what are the chances of getting this feature implemented? I think many people would find such a feature useful.

It would make ad hoc, project based collaborations so much cleaner from the creatives' end.
----------

I got a semi-encouraging reply:

"Hi,

there isn’t a way to do this, besides doing it after the fact (outside of Gumroad). It would be a cool feature that we’d love to support one day."

----------

Hopefully, one day soon they will implement this. I know I can't be the only person who would love to be able to make ad hoc collaborations so much easier to deal with online.

Thoughts?

No comments: